Sony and Taco Bell have just announced a partnership to hype the US release of the PS Vita. Taco Bell will run three separate but connected contests which will give lucky winners a chance to win the handheld system (as part of a prize pack detailed below) before it debuts in US stores.
The contest hypes a winner every fifteen minutes, and runs from January 26th through March 11th. Contestants can win a PS Vita Prize Pack in one of three ways:
- UNLOCK THE BOX: Beginning January 26th, Taco Bell’s specially marked $5 Buck Box – which includes a Cheesy Gordita Crunch, Crunchy Taco, Burrito Supreme and medium fountain drink – will also provide a code that can be entered online for an instant chance to “unlock” and win a PS Vita.
- BATTLE: Download Taco Bell’s new mobile app to check out the exclusively designed Reality Fighters Dojo game where you can “battle” your friends to win a PS Vita.
- BOAST: Taco Bell’s online contest will encourage you to submit a photo or video “boasting” about what you’re willing to do for a PS Vita. Submissions will then go into an online gallery where you and your peers can vote for the winners – it could be you!
What exactly does the Prize Pack include? We thought you’d never ask. Regardless of which entry method you select, each pack will include the following:
- PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi system
- Copy of the PS Vita exclusive Little Deviants
- 4GB PS Vita Memory Card
- Plus your choice of one of the following: ModNation Racers: Road Trip, MLB 12 The Show, or LittleBigPlanet.
Definitely a worthy reason to make a run for the border.
Source: PS Blog