If you aren’t playing Tribes: Ascend you are missing out on one of the best free to play shooters out there. Hi-Rez Studios has been hard at work expanding the game non-stop and it still comes at a cost of $0. The latest update adds new maps, some tweaks and some other important features you didn’t know you needed. Here’s the patch notes:
- Added Sunstar, a new Capture the Flag map.
- Temple Ruins, a Capture the Flag map, has been revised based on community feedback and returns to the Quick Play rotation.
- Additional European servers added. Region selection includes Europe – London and Europe – Amsterdam.
- Additional Asian servers added. Region selection includes Asia – Japan, and Asia – Singapore
- Server performance optimizations.
- More polished reticules and HUD icons. Also, users may now disable unwanted HUD elements using SETTINGS menu.
- User settings now stored server-side. Settings may be reset with this patch but settings should be preserved upon future patches.
For a full list of all the changes in the latest update, go here to read up on it. The shooter is now free for all to play, so jump in, get to serving up some blue plate specials, and thank me later.